In this instance, the NetWalker ransomware operators targeted the Mount Lucas Management LP, which is an efficient Investment management company that tries to assist their clients by providing them innovative investment strategies.
Since 1986, Mount Lucas Management has provided innovative investments to institutional and high-net-worth investors. They offer clients a range of investment products that include actively managed strategies and proprietary passive indices. Their long-term tenure in the investment industry attests to their commitment to diversification, liquidity, risk management, and transparency. Along with that, they have provided innovative alternative investment strategies to institutional and high-net-worth investors that enhance and diversify traditional investments. Their strategies differ in terms of their asset class participation, investment approach, return objective, and risk threshold. Within each strategy, they offer customized funds and programs that directly target the needs and objectives of their clients.
Below is the message posted by the NetWalker ransomware operators on their online blog-:
The Cyble Research Team has identified the data leak. Currently, the ransomware operators have leaked a sample of the data leak and It seems that if the organisation does make an agreement with the ransomware operators, then their sensitive data would be leaked online within a couple of days. Below are the snapshots of the sample of data leak of Mount Lucas Management.
We recommend people to:
- Never share personal information, including financial information over the phone, email or SMSs
- Use strong passwords and enforce multi-factor authentication where possible
- Regularly monitor your financial transaction, if you notice any suspicious transaction, contact your bank immediately.
- Turn-on automatic software update feature on your computer, mobile and other connected devices where possible and pragmatic
- Use a reputed anti-virus and internet security software package on your connected devices including PC, Laptop, Mobile
People who are concerned about their exposure in darkweb can register at AmiBreached.com to ascertain their exposure.
Cyble is a US-based cyber threat intelligence company with the express mission to provide organizations with real-time views of their supply chain cyber threats and risks.