Update as of 06/12/2020: As part of our regular deepweb and darkweb sweeps, we came across a credible actor who leaked the database of RushMyTravelVisa, leading travel visa expediting service comprising of 379,000+ users records.
Rush My Travel Visa is a player in online visa expediting. With locations nationwide, their agents’ hand-carry visa applications into embassies and consulates to make visa processing quick and hassle-free. Their services are available to US citizens and legal residents who have upcoming international travel. Featured in the Wall Street Journal, Forbes.com, and MSNBC, they pride themselves on delivering 5-star customer service. A visa specialist guides each client through every step to avoid mistakes and delays. Clients are kept updated on the status of their visa application via email, web chat, and text. RushMyTravelVisa.com has helped thousands of travelers get their visas in time for their trip. Their sister company, RushMyPassport.com, offers expedited passports processed in as little as 24 hours.
The leaked database includes the following fields:
- Name of the User
- Billing Country
- Billing State
- Billing City
- Billing Address
- Email Address
- Date of Birth (DOB)
- Work Phone
Cyble has indexed this leak on their data breach monitoring and notification platform, AmiBreached.com – people who’re concerned about their information exposure, can register on the platform to ascertain the risks.
Cyble has been reporting these types of breaches to aware individuals of the risks associated with using online services. After coming across this data leak, we immediately approached the company for their comments over it.
We recommend people to:
- Never share personal information, including financial information over the phone, email or SMSs
- Use strong passwords and enforce multi-factor authentication where possible
- Regularly monitor your financial transaction, if you notice any suspicious transaction, contact your bank immediately.
- Turn-on automatic software update feature on your computer, mobile and other connected devices where possible and pragmatic
- Use a reputed anti-virus and internet security software package on your connected devices including PC, Laptop, Mobile
- People who are concerned about their exposure in darkweb can register at AmiBreached.com to ascertain their exposure.
Cyble is a US-based cyber threat intelligence company with the express mission to provide organizations with real-time views of their supply chain cyber threats and risks.