For the consecutive fourth time, Netfilim ransomware operators publish data leak of MAS Holdings. Earlier to this, they published the data leak part 1, part 2, and part 3 of the company, which were verified and been reported by the Cyble Research Team.
MAS Holdings is South Asia’s largest manufacturer of lingerie. MAS Holdings began as an intimate apparel manufacturer and later diversified into sportswear, performance wear, and swimwear. MAS Holdings has 53 manufacturing facilities in 17 countries employing over 93,000 people globally. MAS Holdings’ current portfolio encompasses businesses in IT, brands, and industrial parks. The company reported revenue of USD 2Billion in 2018 and has over 99,000 employees.
As claimed before by the Cyble Research Team, the Netfilim ransomware operators leaked the fourth part of the company’s data. Based on this data leak it seems that once again the company refused to accept the terms of the ransomware operators. Due to the refusal, the ransomware operators chose to leak the fourth part of the data. Below is the message been posted by Netfilim ransomware operators-:
The Cyble researchers have verified the leak of around 5GB. The data leak includes multiple confidential corporate documents such as the company’s bank reconciliation statements, Debit & Credit notes, Sales forecasts documents, fixed assets record details, and much more. Below is the snapshot of few files from the directory listing being leaked by the Netfilim ransomware operators.
Once again, it is expected that more data leaks of MAS holdings may be published soon, if no action is been taken by the company.
We recommend people to:
- Never share personal information, including financial information over the phone, email or SMSs
- Use strong passwords and enforce multi-factor authentication where possible
- Regularly monitor your financial transaction, if you notice any suspicious transaction, contact your bank immediately.
- Turn-on automatic software update feature on your computer, mobile and other connected devices where possible and pragmatic
- Use a reputed anti-virus and internet security software package on your connected devices including PC, Laptop, Mobile
People who are concerned about their exposure in darkweb can register at AmiBreached.com to ascertain their exposure.
Cyble is a US-based cyber threat intelligence company with the express mission to provide organizations with real-time views of their supply chain cyber threats and risks.