REvil ransomware operators struck Sanitary Process Engineering & Components Inc and claimed to have downloaded sensitive and highly confidential documents from company’s database.
SPEC, Inc. was established in 2003 with the goal of putting their customers first. They are suppliers of sanitary processing equipment and related parts for the food, dairy, beverage, health and beauty care and pharmaceutical industries. They work with their quality suppliers to find the best solutions and value for their customers.
At present, ransomware operators have posted snapshots from compromised system(s). As per Cyble Research Team, the operators may have downloaded, what seems to be, company’s private data, documents about customers, and much more. Unfortunately, if the terms are not being accepted by Sanitary Process Engineering & Components Inc, then the download link of their confidential data would be leaked soon.
Below are the snapshots of the message and compromised system(s), posted by REvil ransomware operators.
We recommend people to:
- Never share personal information, including financial information over the phone, email or SMSs
- Use strong passwords and enforce multi-factor authentication where possible
- Regularly monitor your financial transaction, if you notice any suspicious transaction, contact your bank immediately.
- Turn-on automatic software update feature on your computer, mobile and other connected devices where possible and pragmatic
- Use a reputed anti-virus and internet security software package on your connected devices including PC, Laptop, Mobile
- People who are concerned about their exposure in darkweb can register at AmiBreached.com to ascertain their exposure.
Cyble is a US-based cyber threat intelligence company with the express mission to provide organizations with real-time views of their supply chain cyber threats and risks.