Update as of 06/22/2020: As part of our regular deepweb and darkweb sweeps, we identified a credible actor in one of the darkweb markets released the database of jobstreet.com for free. Typically, the leaked database comprises of 42,242 Singapore user records from the jobstreet.com 2012 data breach.
JobStreet.com is a job portal founded in 1997. Founded in Malaysia, it is now Southeast Asia’s largest online employment company, according to Forbes. It currently serves about 80000 corporate customers and 11 million jobseekers. Even as early as in July 2010, the Group services over 60,000 corporate customers and over 7 million jobseekers. It became a public listed entity in 2004 when parent company JobStreet Corporation Berhad was listed on the MESDAQ Market of Bursa Malaysia Securities on 29 Nov 2004. Thereafter, JobStreet.com was listed on the Main Board in October 2007.
The leaked database includes the following fields:
- Date of birth
- Email address
- Geographic location
- Government-issued ID
- Marital status
- Phone number
- Physical address
Cyble has acquired, validated and, indexed the leak on their data breach monitoring and notification platform, AmiBreached.com – people who’re concerned about their information exposure can register on the platform to ascertain the risks.
We recommend people to:
- Never share personal information, including financial information over the phone, email or SMSs
- Use strong passwords and enforce multi-factor authentication where possible
- Regularly monitor your financial transaction, if you notice any suspicious transaction, contact your bank immediately.
- Turn-on automatic software update feature on your computer, mobile and other connected devices where possible and pragmatic
- Use a reputed anti-virus and internet security software package on your connected devices including PC, Laptop, Mobile
- People who are concerned about their exposure in darkweb can register at AmiBreached.com to ascertain their exposure.
About Cyble: Cyble is a US-based cyber threat intelligence company with the express mission to provide organizations with real-time views of their supply chain cyber threats and risks