June 24, 2020, Update: Cyble has handed over the intelligence related to this leak to Frost & Sullivan response team for investigation and remediation purposes.
Frost & Sullivan was founded by Dan L. Sullivan and Lore A. Frost in New York City in the year 1961. From then on, the company has been a business consulting firm involved in market research and analysis, growth strategy consulting, and corporate training across multiple industries. It is headquartered in Mountain View, California, and has 40 offices on six continents. With around 1800 number of employees, the company has been earning an average revenue of USD 0.18 billion.
The company’s database has been put off sale contains detailed records of 6ooo number of customers and 6146 number of company’s employees. For now, the hackers have posted a sample record of both company’s customers and employees. Below is the snapshot of the sample records been leaked by the group of hackers.
The leaked database seems to include data fields such as full name, user id, email address, date of account created, and many more.
We recommend people to:
- Never share personal information, including financial information over the phone, email or SMSs
- Use strong passwords and enforce multi-factor authentication where possible
- Regularly monitor your financial transaction, if you notice any suspicious transaction, contact your bank immediately.
- Turn-on automatic software update feature on your computer, mobile and other connected devices where possible and pragmatic
- Use a reputed anti-virus and internet security software package on your connected devices including PC, Laptop, Mobile
Cyble is a US-based cyber threat intelligence company with the express mission to provide organizations with real-time views of their supply chain cyber threats and risks.