Update as of July 01, 2020: Cyble research team has been following the alleged data leak post of LimeRoad. Just few minutes back, the threat actor has leaked more than 2000 user account details. While LimeRoad has not contacted Cyble, the leaked data has already been acquired and indexed on our data breach monitoring and notification platform, AmiBreached.com for concerned users.
Update as of June 30, 2020: As part of our regular deepweb and darkweb monitoring, we came across a threat actor who claimed to have around 1.29 million customer records of LimeRoad. The data seems to be legitimate.
LimeRoad was co-founded in 2012 by Suchi Mukherjee, Manish Saksena and Ankush Mehra as a fashion marketplace for women. It is India’s first women’s social shopping website that deals in clothing and accessories for women, men and kids. The company reported a 78.5 per cent increase in revenue from Rs 89.73 crore in FY17 to Rs 160.2 crore in FY18. Approximately, 98.5 per cent of this was contributed by basic operations of the company – Sale of services.
The leaked database includes the following information of the users-:
- First name
- Last name
- Phone number
- Email Id
As soon as our research team identified this leak, the data was instantly acquired and indexed on our data breach monitoring and notification platform, AmiBreached.com – people who’re concerned about their information exposure can register on the platform to ascertain the risks.
We recommend people to:
- Never share personal information, including financial information over the phone, email or SMSs
- Use strong passwords and enforce multi-factor authentication where possible
- Regularly monitor your financial transaction, if you notice any suspicious transaction, contact your bank immediately.
- Turn-on automatic software update feature on your computer, mobile and other connected devices where possible and pragmatic
- Use a reputed anti-virus and internet security software package on your connected devices including PC, Laptop, Mobile
- People who are concerned about their exposure in darkweb can register at AmiBreached.com to ascertain their exposure.
Cyble is a US-based cyber threat intelligence company with the express mission to provide organizations with real-time views of their supply chain cyber threats and risks.