Founded in the year 1976 and since then Alfanar has been primarily engaged in manufacturing electrical construction products, EPC solutions for conventional and renewable power plants, allied engineering services, and design engineering. They have built up an international presence throughout much of the Middle East, Asia, Africa, and Europe.
Below is the message been posted by the NetWalker ransomware operators on their online blog-:
The Cyble Research Team has identified the leak. Currently, the ransomware operators have leaked a sample of the data leak which seems to include the company’s detailed contracts, audit reports, insurance documents, and much more. Below are the snapshots of the sample of the data leak of Alfanar.
It seems that if the organisation does make an agreement with the ransomware operators, then their sensitive data would be leaked online within a period of 7 days.
We recommend people to:
- Never share personal information, including financial information over the phone, email or SMSs
- Use strong passwords and enforce multi-factor authentication where possible
- Regularly monitor your financial transaction, if you notice any suspicious transaction, contact your bank immediately.
- Turn-on automatic software update feature on your computer, mobile and other connected devices where possible and pragmatic
- Use a reputed anti-virus and internet security software package on your connected devices including PC, Laptop, Mobile
- People who are concerned about their exposure in darkweb can register at AmiBreached.com to ascertain their exposure.
Cyble is an Atlanta, US-based, global premium cyber-security firm with tools and capabilities to provide near real-time cyber threat intelligence.
Cyble Inc.’s mission is to provide organizations with a real-time view of their supply chain cyber threats and risks. Their SaaS-based solution powered by machine learning and human analysis provides organizations’ insights to cyber threats introduced by suppliers and enables them to respond to them faster and more efficiently.
This monitoring and notification platform gives the average consumer insights into their personal cybersecurity issues, allowing them to take action then as needed. It has recently earned accolades from Forbes as being the top 20 cyber-security companies to watch in 2020.