Update as on July 12, 2020: Our research team has been continuously monitoring, identifying, and analyzing the data leaks. For instance, recently Cyble reported many big data leaks which included a database of Religare Health Insurance comprising personal data of 5 million+ users, 500K+ user records of Impact Guru, sensitive data leak of Alfanar.
Adding to these reported data leaks, with our on-going regular deepweb and darkweb sweeps, we identified a credible actor in one of the darkweb markets claiming to have personal details of approximately 40,000 USA citizens along with their social security numbers.
The leaked database includes the following details of the USA citizen-:
- First Name
- Last Name
- Social Security Number (SSN)
- Date of Birth (DOB)
Below is the snapshot of small portion of the leaked records-:
Cyble has been reporting these types of breaches to aware individuals of the risks associated with using online services.
As soon as our research team identified this leak, the data was instantly acquired and indexed on our data breach monitoring and notification platform, AmiBreached.com – people who’re concerned about their information exposure can register on the platform to ascertain the risks.
We recommend people to:
- Never share personal information, including financial information over the phone, email or SMSs
- Use strong passwords and enforce multi-factor authentication where possible
- Regularly monitor your financial transaction, if you notice any suspicious transaction, contact your bank immediately.
- Turn-on automatic software update feature on your computer, mobile and other connected devices where possible and pragmatic
- Use a reputed anti-virus and internet security software package on your connected devices including PC, Laptop, Mobile
- People who are concerned about their exposure in darkweb can register at AmiBreached.com to ascertain their exposure.
Cyble is an Atlanta, US-based, global premium cyber-security firm with tools and capabilities to provide near real-time cyber threat intelligence.
Cyble Inc.’s mission is to provide organizations with a real-time view of their supply chain cyber threats and risks. Their SaaS-based solution powered by machine learning and human analysis provides organizations’ insights to cyber threats introduced by suppliers and enables them to respond to them faster and more efficiently.
This monitoring and notification platform gives the average consumer insights into their personal cybersecurity issues, allowing them to take action then as needed. It has recently earned accolades from Forbes as being the top 20 cyber-security companies to watch in 2020.