Update as on July 12, 2020: Recently, when our research team was performing their regular deepweb and darkweb sweeps, they came across a post in which a credible actor claimed to be in possession of records of 45 million+ travelers to Thailand and Malaysia from multiple countries.
Some of the personal information data fields of the leaked traveler’s records from the lot are mentioned below-:
- Passenger ID
- Full Name
- Mobile Number
- Passport Details
- Flight Details
As soon as our research team identified this leak, the data was instantly acquired. It is being analyzed by our Threat Researchers and will soon be indexed on our data breach monitoring and notification platform AmiBreached.com – people who’re concerned about their information exposure can register on the platform to ascertain the risks.
“The story is developing”
We recommend people to:
- Never share personal information, including financial information over the phone, email or SMSs
- Use strong passwords and enforce multi-factor authentication where possible
- Regularly monitor your financial transaction, if you notice any suspicious transaction, contact your bank immediately.
- Turn-on automatic software update feature on your computer, mobile and other connected devices where possible and pragmatic
- Use a reputed anti-virus and internet security software package on your connected devices including PC, Laptop, Mobile
- People who are concerned about their exposure in darkweb can register at AmiBreached.com to ascertain their exposure.
Cyble is an Atlanta, US-based, global premium cyber-security firm with tools and capabilities to provide near real-time cyber threat intelligence.
Cyble Inc.’s mission is to provide organizations with a real-time view of their supply chain cyber threats and risks. Their SaaS-based solution powered by machine learning and human analysis provides organizations’ insights to cyber threats introduced by suppliers and enables them to respond to them faster and more efficiently.
This monitoring and notification platform gives the average consumer insights into their personal cybersecurity issues, allowing them to take action then as needed. It has recently earned accolades from Forbes as being the top 20 cyber-security companies to watch in 2020.