Our research team has been continuously monitoring, analyzing, and reporting the on-going data breaches to the users. In this instance, we identified a threat actor claiming to have breached the database of Data Viper who is seen as a security startup providing cyber threat intelligence platform to multiple companies and individual users.
Given the sensitivity of the matter, Cyble researchers investigated further and verified that the threat actor has got hold of Data Viper’s database records along with the structure of the database.
“Due to the breach, approximately 15 Billion user records are at risk“
Critical information obtained after further analysing the data breach -:
- Database list specifying the entities been breached and the number of breached records.
- Sample of Data Viper’s user records: contained user’s email ID, username, password, full name, unique API key details.
- Posted a list of database samples: contained sample records of the breached databases.
- Threat actor has posted many of the company’s databases for sale on one of the darkweb markets.
Cyble has been reporting these types of breaches to aware individuals of the risks associated with using online services.
We recommend people to:
- Never share personal information, including financial information over the phone, email or SMSs
- Use strong passwords and enforce multi-factor authentication where possible
- Regularly monitor your financial transaction, if you notice any suspicious transaction, contact your bank immediately.
- Turn-on automatic software update feature on your computer, mobile and other connected devices where possible and pragmatic
- Use a reputed anti-virus and internet security software package on your connected devices including PC, Laptop, Mobile
- People who are concerned about their exposure in darkweb can register at AmiBreached.com to ascertain their exposure.
Cyble is an Atlanta, US-based, global premium cyber-security firm with tools and capabilities to provide near real-time cyber threat intelligence.
Cyble Inc.’s mission is to provide organizations with a real-time view of their supply chain cyber threats and risks. Their SaaS-based solution powered by machine learning and human analysis provides organizations’ insights to cyber threats introduced by suppliers and enables them to respond to them faster and more efficiently.
This monitoring and notification platform gives the average consumer insights into their personal cybersecurity issues, allowing them to take action then as needed. It has recently earned accolades from Forbes as being the top 20 cyber-security companies to watch in 2020.