According to IBM, cyberattacks have been on the rise in the last two years with 56 percent of Indian organizations confirming that they had experienced a data breach that had led to the loss or theft of more than 1,000 records containing sensitive or confidential customer or business information. These attacks are either through ransomware or exploiting the security misconfigurations of internet-facing systems.
Recently, Cyble Research Unit (CRU) identified a credible threat actor who claims to be in possession of 11.8 million distributor records of Vestige Marketing Pvt Ltd – one of the leading Indian direct selling company dealing in world-class wellness products. With over 3000+ online and offline sales outlets pan India, multiple international offices, and several distributor centers, Vestige has been building a wide network of distributors, which is constantly growing every year.
The threat actor tends to have put up the database of Vestige for sale on one of the dark web forums.
The leaked database includes the following information of the distributors-:
- Full Name
- Email Address
- Phone Number
- PAN Number
- Login Password
We recommend people to:
- Never share personal information, including financial information over the phone, email or SMSs
- Use strong passwords and enforce multi-factor authentication where possible
- Regularly monitor your financial transaction, if you notice any suspicious transaction, contact your bank immediately.
- Turn-on automatic software update feature on your computer, mobile and other connected devices where possible and pragmatic
- Use a reputed anti-virus and internet security software package on your connected devices including PC, Laptop, Mobile
- People who are concerned about their exposure in darkweb can register at AmiBreached.com to ascertain their exposure.
Cyble is an Atlanta, US-based, global premium cyber-security firm with tools and capabilities to provide near real-time cyber threat intelligence.
Cyble Inc.’s mission is to provide organizations with a real-time view of their supply chain cyber threats and risks. Their SaaS-based solution powered by machine learning and human analysis provides organizations’ insights to cyber threats introduced by suppliers and enables them to respond to them faster and more efficiently.
This monitoring and notification platform give the average consumer insights into their personal cybersecurity issues, allowing them to take action then as needed. It has recently earned accolades from Forbes as being the top 20 cyber-security companies to watch in 2020.