According to the IBM research report, the cost of a data breach has risen 12% over the past 5 years to $3.92 million per incident on average. These rising expenses are representative of the multi-year financial impact of breaches, increased regulation, and the complex process of resolving criminal attacks.
Recently, Cyble Research Unit (CRU) identified a credible threat actor who claims to be in possession of 20 million user records of Hurb and around 23 million records of Promo.com. Hurb is the largest online travel agency based in Brazil which was founded in the year 2011. Whereas, Promo.com is a popular video maker and a cloud-based video creation service that is allowing the creation of videos from stock videos, stock photos, video clips, and music.
The leaked user records has been put up for free and easy download on one of the darkweb forums.
Below are the snapshots of few leaked user records from the large lot-:
We recommend people to:
- Never share personal information, including financial information over the phone, email or SMSs
- Use strong passwords and enforce multi-factor authentication where possible
- Regularly monitor your financial transaction, if you notice any suspicious transaction, contact your bank immediately.
- Turn-on automatic software update feature on your computer, mobile and other connected devices where possible and pragmatic
- Use a reputed anti-virus and internet security software package on your connected devices including PC, Laptop, Mobile
- People who are concerned about their exposure in darkweb can register at AmiBreached.com to ascertain their exposure.
Cyble is an Atlanta, US-based, global premium cyber-security firm with tools and capabilities to provide near real-time cyber threat intelligence.
Cyble Inc.’s mission is to provide organizations with a real-time view of their supply chain cyber threats and risks. Their SaaS-based solution powered by machine learning and human analysis provides organizations’ insights to cyber threats introduced by suppliers and enables them to respond to them faster and more efficiently.
This monitoring and notification platform gives the average consumer insights into their personal cybersecurity issues, allowing them to take action then as needed. It has recently earned accolades from Forbes as being the top 20 cyber-security companies to watch in 2020.