In today’s world, all the emerging organisation’s attempts to grow in the developing technology-driven world, one of the high-priority concerns which the organisations have to proactively address is data security. With the increasing number of data breaches cyberattacks, no organisation should lack behind in implementing effective security measures.
Recently, Cyble Research Team (CRU) came across a threat actor who claims to have breached the database of the Leap Club – An Indian startup established last year with the mission to increase the number of women in leadership positions through a private and community led professional network.
Currently, the threat actor seems to have released 21 CSV files containing sensitive data of the company.
After further analysing the leaked CSV files, the Cyble Research Team obtained critical information detailed below-:
Details of women leaders which includes information such as women’s name, member ID, email, current working company, current salary, work experience.
- Details of women leaders which includes information such as women’s name, member ID, email, current working company, current salary, work experience.
- Information about key people of Leap Club, along with the data entries of their account logins.
- Detailed data entries of the content been posted by the company which includes information such as Post ID, date posted, date updated, Post URL.
Cyble has been reporting these types of breaches to aware individuals of the risks associated with using online services.
We recommend people to:
- Never share personal information, including financial information over the phone, email or SMSs
- Use strong passwords and enforce multi-factor authentication where possible
- Regularly monitor your financial transaction, if you notice any suspicious transaction, contact your bank immediately.
- Turn-on automatic software update feature on your computer, mobile and other connected devices where possible and pragmatic
- Use a reputed anti-virus and internet security software package on your connected devices including PC, Laptop, Mobile
- People who are concerned about their exposure in darkweb can register at AmiBreached.com to ascertain their exposure.
Cyble is an Atlanta, US-based, global premium cyber-security firm with tools and capabilities to provide near real-time cyber threat intelligence.
Cyble Inc.’s mission is to provide organizations with a real-time view of their supply chain cyber threats and risks. Their SaaS-based solution powered by machine learning and human analysis provides organizations’ insights to cyber threats introduced by suppliers and enables them to respond to them faster and more efficiently.
This monitoring and notification platform give the average consumer insights into their personal cybersecurity issues, allowing them to take action then as needed. It has recently earned accolades from Forbes as being the top 20 cyber-security companies to watch in 2020.