In today’s world, data breaches are literally happening all of the time with devastating consequences for both individuals and organizations alike. According to the 2020 Thales Data Threat Report, around 49% of US companies have experienced a data breach in the past.
During the process of our continuous darkweb and deepweb monitoring, the Cyble Research Team came across a threat actor who leaked user records of UberEATS – a well-known American online food ordering and delivery platform launched by Uber in the year 2014 and based in San Francisco, California. This online food ordering platform has been earning annual revenue of around $1.46 billion.
Overall, Uber has 105 investors, with 20 lead investors; SoftBank Vision Fund as the biggest investor. Some of Uber’s most notable investors-:
- Benchmark Capital
- Saudi Arabia PIF
- Alphabet Inc
- TPG Holdings
- First Round Capital
- Blissful Thousand Limited
During our research process, the Cyble Research Team got hold of some informative details related to this leak-:
- Total of 9 TXT files being leaked by the threat actor which tends to contain details of UberEATS delivery drivers, delivery partners, and customers.
- Login credentials of 579 UberEATS customers been leaked by the threat actor.
- Details of 100 delivery drivers leaked by the threat actor, which includes information such as login credentials, full name, contact number, trip details, bank card details, account creation date.
Cyble has been reporting these types of breaches to aware individuals of the risks associated with using online services.
We recommend people to:
- Never share personal information, including financial information over the phone, email or SMSs
- Use strong passwords and enforce multi-factor authentication where possible
- Regularly monitor your financial transaction, if you notice any suspicious transaction, contact your bank immediately.
- Turn-on automatic software update feature on your computer, mobile and other connected devices where possible and pragmatic
- Use a reputed anti-virus and internet security software package on your connected devices including PC, Laptop, Mobile
- People who are concerned about their exposure in darkweb can register at AmiBreached.com to ascertain their exposure.
Cyble is an Atlanta, US-based, global premium cyber-security firm with tools and capabilities to provide near real-time cyber threat intelligence.
Cyble Inc.’s mission is to provide organizations with a real-time view of their supply chain cyber threats and risks. Their SaaS-based solution powered by machine learning and human analysis provides organizations’ insights to cyber threats introduced by suppliers and enables them to respond to them faster and more efficiently.
This monitoring and notification platform give the average consumer insights into their personal cybersecurity issues, allowing them to take action then as needed. It has recently earned accolades from Forbes as being the top 20 cyber-security companies to watch in 2020.