Recently, BBC News stated that the British Dental Association (BDA) got struck by a cyberattack on 30 July 2020. This cyberattack impacted BDA’s multiple servers after which they were taken offline and below message was shared on their website -:
After that on August 04, the Cyble Research Team came across a post in which a threat actor claimed to be in possession of staff profiles of the British Dental Association and was sharing it for free.
To validate the claim, our threat researchers acquired the data and analysed it to confirm its credibility.
As per the analysis, the data seems to be legitimate. The leak contains a total of 172 data folders which further contains 5517 data files. Below are snapshots of some of the leaked data folders from the large lot.
- Folders of multiple employees containing their Personally Identifiable information (PII) along with training materials, payroll documents, appraisals and benefits files, performance reports, etc.
- Details of 7 employees who were granted the maternity leave.
- Employee’s expression of wish forms – includes the details of their beneficiaries to whom the lump-sum death benefit will be shared.
- Employee’s opting out of group pension scheme forms containing details like employee’s name, employer name, employee’s insurance number and DOB.
- BDA’s new employee information forms been also leaked, which contains detailed information of their new joining employees.
Cyble has been reporting these types of breaches to aware individuals of the risks associated with using online services.
People who are concerned about their exposure in darkweb can register at AmiBreached.com to ascertain their exposure.
Cyble is an Atlanta, US-based, global premium cyber-security firm with tools and capabilities to provide near real-time cyber threat intelligence.
Cyble Inc.’s mission is to provide organizations with a real-time view of their supply chain cyber threats and risks. Their SaaS-based solution powered by machine learning and human analysis provides organizations’ insights to cyber threats introduced by suppliers and enables them to respond to them faster and more efficiently.
This monitoring and notification platform give the average consumer insights into their personal cybersecurity issues, allowing them to take action then as needed. It has recently earned accolades from Forbes as being the top 20 cyber-security companies to watch in 2020.