In the last couple of years, there has been seen an increasing number of cyberattacks in the recruitment sector. Cybercriminals tend to target businesses that rely on their online systems and as a recruitment agency the company instantly can be the next target. There have been multiple types of cyberattacks such as DDoS attacks, phishing attacks, ransomware attacks, etc which have struck companies in the recruitment sector.
In this instance, the Cyble Research Team identified a threat actor who leaked around 570K records of people looking for jobs from the database of Devire Recruitment agency – Established in the year 1987, and for more than 30 years we have represented leading employers on the European market by carrying out comprehensive recruitment projects implementing the latest solutions in the area of IT services and helping to build the image of an employer of choice.
Some of the personal information data fields of the leaked employee applicants records from the lot are mentioned below-:
- Recruitment ID
- First Name
- Last Name
- Job Position Details
Below is the snapshot of the leaked user records of Devire Recruitment Agency.
We recommend people to:
- Never share personal information, including financial information over the phone, email or SMSs
- Use strong passwords and enforce multi-factor authentication where possible
- Regularly monitor your financial transaction, if you notice any suspicious transaction, contact your bank immediately.
- Turn-on automatic software update feature on your computer, mobile and other connected devices where possible and pragmatic
- Use a reputed anti-virus and internet security software package on your connected devices including PC, Laptop, Mobile
- People who are concerned about their exposure in darkweb can register at AmiBreached.com to ascertain their exposure.
Cyble is an Atlanta, US-based, global premium cyber-security firm with tools and capabilities to provide near real-time cyber threat intelligence.
Cyble Inc.’s mission is to provide organizations with a real-time view of their supply chain cyber threats and risks. Their SaaS-based solution powered by machine learning and human analysis provides organizations’ insights to cyber threats introduced by suppliers and enables them to respond to them faster and more efficiently.
This monitoring and notification platform give the average consumer insights into their personal cybersecurity issues, allowing them to take action then as needed. It has recently earned accolades from Forbes as being the top 20 cyber-security companies to watch in 2020.