Last year a Frost & Sullivan study commissioned by Microsoft found that a cyberattack can cost large manufacturing organizations based in the Asia Pacific region an average of $10.7 million in economic loss. Whereas, for mid-sized manufacturing organizations the average economic loss was $38,000.
During the monitoring of deepweb and darkweb leaks, our researchers came across the leak disclosure post in which the Maze ransomware operators allegedly breached Hoa Sen Group and claimed to be in possession of the company’s sensitive data.
Founded in the year 2001, Hoa Sen Group (HSG) based in Ho Chi Minh city is one of the private largest steel sheet companies in Southeast Asia. Hoa Sen Group has 7,100 employees across all its 343 companies and has been earning annual revenue of around $1.18 billion.
Below is the snapshot of the leak post published by the Maze Ransomware Operators-:
After analyzing the company’s leaked data of around 1.64 GB, our researchers gathered some of the critical information as detailed below-:
- Currently, the ransomware seems to have released the data files of HSG employees. For instance, multiple employment offer letters been released by the Hoa Sen Group been leaked.
- Screenshots of people professionally dressed who seem to be employees of the company.
- Resumes, academic documents, Identity cards of people who seem to be current employees of the company.
- Currently, the ransomware operators claims to have published 5% of company’s total data leak.
Cyble has been reporting these data breaches to aware individuals of the risks associated with using online services.
We recommend people to:
- Never share personal information, including financial information over the phone, email or SMSs
- Use strong passwords and enforce multi-factor authentication where possible
- Regularly monitor your financial transaction, if you notice any suspicious transaction, contact your bank immediately.
- Turn-on automatic software update feature on your computer, mobile and other connected devices where possible and pragmatic
- Use a reputed anti-virus and internet security software package on your connected devices including PC, Laptop, Mobile
- People who are concerned about their exposure in darkweb can register at AmiBreached.com to ascertain their exposure.
Cyble is an Atlanta, US-based, global premium cyber-security firm with tools and capabilities to provide near real-time cyber threat intelligence.
Cyble Inc.’s mission is to provide organizations with a real-time view of their supply chain cyber threats and risks. Their SaaS-based solution powered by machine learning and human analysis provides organizations’ insights to cyber threats introduced by suppliers and enables them to respond to them faster and more efficiently.
This monitoring and notification platform gives the average consumer insights into their personal cybersecurity issues, allowing them to take action then as needed. It has recently earned accolades from Forbes as being the top 20 cyber-security companies to watch in 2020.