The business and technology innovations that financial services companies have been adopting to implement their growth in the market are in turn presenting heightened levels of cyber risks. With the increased number of vulnerabilities and complexities into the financial services has led the banking industry to be as the choice target for cybercriminals.
Recently, the Cyble Research Team identified a threat actor who leaked in a total of 369,304 banking records of Indian citizens. As per our researchers, this leaked data appears to be from an aggregator, which refers to an entity that collects information from multiple sources and then collectively puts it on a single source.
There is no evidence that Axis bank and ICICI bank have been breached. As the leaked banking records contain 30,416 user records of Axis bank and 338,888 user records are of ICICI bank. In order to confirm the authenticity of leaked data, Cyble called random people and verified the data to be legit.
Some of the personal information data fields of the leaked Axis bank’s user records from the lot are mentioned below-:
- Customer name
- Date of birth
- Mobile number
- Data Medium Exchange (DME) codes
- City of Residence
Some of the personal information data fields of the leaked ICICI bank’s user records from the lot are mentioned below-:
- Customer Name
- Date of Birth
- Credit card or Debit card number
- Account number
- Customer Address
- Customer Mobile Number
Once the Cyble Research Team came across the leaked records, they instantly acquired and indexed the leak on their data breach monitoring and notification platform, AmiBreached.com – people who’re concerned about their information exposure can register on the platform to ascertain the risks and even Android users can gain full access to it just by downloading the app.
We recommend people to:
- Never share personal information, including financial information over the phone, email or SMSs
- Use strong passwords and enforce multi-factor authentication where possible
- Regularly monitor your financial transaction, if you notice any suspicious transaction, contact your bank immediately.
- Turn-on automatic software update feature on your computer, mobile and other connected devices where possible and pragmatic
- Use a reputed anti-virus and internet security software package on your connected devices including PC, Laptop, Mobile
- People who are concerned about their exposure in darkweb can register at AmiBreached.com to ascertain their exposure.
Cyble is an Atlanta, US-based, global premium cyber-security firm with tools and capabilities to provide near real-time cyber threat intelligence.
Cyble Inc.’s mission is to provide organizations with a real-time view of their supply chain cyber threats and risks. Their SaaS-based solution powered by machine learning and human analysis provides organizations’ insights to cyber threats introduced by suppliers and enables them to respond to them faster and more efficiently.
This monitoring and notification platform gives the average consumer insights into their personal cybersecurity issues, allowing them to take action then as needed. It has recently earned accolades from Forbes as being the top 20 cyber-security companies to watch in 2020.