Update as on July 15, 2020: Our research team has been continuously monitoring, identifying, and analysing the data leaks. For instance, recently Cyble reported many big data leaks which included 45 Million+ travelers records flying to Thailand and Malaysia, personal details of 40K USA citizens, 5 Million+ user records of Religare Health Insurance.
Adding to these reported data leaks, with our on-going regular deepweb and darkweb sweeps, we identified a credible actor in one of the darkweb markets claiming to have detailed personal information of 30K+ Indian citizens.
Some of the personal information data fields of the Indian citizens records from the lot are mentioned below-:
- Full Name
- Mobile Number
- Email ID
- Pan ID Number
- Date of Birth
Below is the snapshot of small portion of the leaked records, along with the database structure-:
Cyble has been reporting these types of breaches to aware individuals of the risks associated with using online services.
We recommend people to:
- Never share personal information, including financial information over the phone, email or SMSs
- Use strong passwords and enforce multi-factor authentication where possible
- Regularly monitor your financial transaction, if you notice any suspicious transaction, contact your bank immediately.
- Turn-on automatic software update feature on your computer, mobile and other connected devices where possible and pragmatic
- Use a reputed anti-virus and internet security software package on your connected devices including PC, Laptop, Mobile
- People who are concerned about their exposure in darkweb can register at AmiBreached.com to ascertain their exposure.
Cyble is a global threat intelligence SaaS provider that helps enterprises protect themselves from cybercrimes and exposure in the darkweb. Cyble’s prime focus is to provide organizations with real-time visibility into their digital risk footprint. Backed by Y Combinator as part of the 2021 winter cohort, Cyble has also been recognized by Forbes as one of the top 20 Best Cybersecurity Startups To Watch In 2020. Headquartered in Alpharetta, Georgia, and with offices in Australia, Singapore, and India, Cyble has a global presence. To learn more about Cyble, visit www.cyble.io.